Regulations and policies
Buying goods and services
Set up a contract
End a contract
"Save Money" with PASS
PASS Training Courses
Purchasing Discussion Forum
Free School Purchasing Assessment
Exemptions to Contract Regulations
In certain circumstances, it is possible to apply for an exemption to Contract Regulations.
All exemptions, and the reasons for them, must be recorded using the official exemption form. Exemptions shall be signed by the Officer (the person seeking the exemption) and countersigned by the Head of Finance & Performance, OCYPS.
Exemptions are not necessary in the following circumstances:
- when purchasing from ESPO, providing that ESPO have let their contract in accordance with the EU Procedures.
Exemptions can be obtained in the following circumstances:
Contract Regulations Section 3.3
- the subject matter of the contract can only be supplied by one specialist firm
- unforeseen emergency involving immediate risk to persons, property or serious disruption to school operations.
- the contract is an extension to an existing contract where a change of supplier would cause:
- disproportionate technical difficulties
- diseconomies or
- significant disruption to the delivery to the school
No Exemption can be used if EU procedures apply.
The use of e-procurement technology does not negate the requirement to comply with all elements of Contract Regulations, particularly those relating to competition and value for money.
Exemption to Contract Regulations
Purchasing Advisory Service for Schools (PASS)
RES 1501, Shire Hall, Castle Hill, Cambridge, CB3 0AP
Gary James - Schools Purchasing Advisor
Tel: 01223 715347